Mother Claudine Echernier (1801 – 1869)
The Congregation of the Sisters of the Cross, founded in 1838, owes its origin to a humble young lady from Savoy, France, Claudine Echernier by name. The congregation of the Sisters of the Cross is a world wide organization of religious women. They are engaged in the different ministries such as Education, Health, Social, Pastoral and Family apostolate. The goal of the Sisters of the Cross is to reveal to all, the merciful love of the Father and the liberating power of the Paschal Mystery. They give priority to the poor and the oppressed, especially women and youth.
The congregation of the Sisters of the Cross have been pioneers in imparting education to women & youth for the past eight decades in Trichy, four decades in Nagercoil and three decades in Tuticorin in Tamil Nadu ,and five decades in Munnar, Vettimukal and Thellakom in Kerala, and in different parts in India.In keeping with their vision and in response to the needs of the times, Holy Cross Public School aims at forming well-integrated persons, who will strive to transform society, by meeting the challenges of life and taking a stand in the struggles of the poor and the marginalized.
"Nurturing persons to be well integrated who in turn become agents of social change."
"The motto of our School is 'Love and Serve' The mission of Holy Cross Vidya Sadan School is to provide a safe environment which fosters mutual respect between students, parents, teachers, and administrators, while also cultivating productive citizens by providing structure and support for academic and emotional growth."
The School vision is to mould well integrated balanced personalities not only intellectually strengthened, aesthetically renewed, and socially committed young boys and girls for our society. We strive to mould the children with a keen sense of discipline, responsibility initiative, self- reliance and integrity and to bring about refinement of manners gentleness in language and to develop a habit of obedience, order and neatness in person. We strive for excellence through hardwork.
Make the Good God Known and Loved through integral formation of children and youth.
Holy Cross Public School, Pandithitta is established on1st June 2005 as Unit of Holy Cross Educational and Charitable Trust, Managed and administered by the Religious Congregation of the Sisters of the Cross of Chavanod – France, which has its head quarters in Geneva, Switzerland . It is the first and the only affiliated CBSE School in Thalavoor Panchayath in kollam district, a fulfillment of a long-felt need of the locality of pandithitta. The school is under the religious jurisdiction of the Catholic Bishop of Punalur. Rt.Rev.mong. Vincent De Cruz the parish priest of Pandithitta was the motivator and mastermind behind this institution.